Sunday, October 14, 2007

hush, hush darlin'

i took 1/3 of trittico retard both friday and saturday; slept really well friday night; not quite as well last night. the side effects the doctor mentioned are definitely bothering me: i feel nauseous and dizzy when getting up, for a good hour on both days. i took 2/3 of a pill today, because it is really important that i sleep well tonight - i have to get up at 5.15 tomorrow morning to get to amstetten, where i will be teaching business english for the next 6 weeks, by 8. it's about 120km from vienna, so a rather long train ride there and back every day.

can't say that my mood has been lifted by the meds, but that may be because of what i mentioned in my last blog post - significant date(s) this weekend. i had a panic attack at my friends' place last night, not the worst ever, but i felt dizzy and tense, with numb hands, for quite a while. i decided not to take one of the "emergency pills", though i might have done, had i been on my own.

i wish i could write, as in: write poetry, but i simply cannot. maybe it's because i can't concentrate on anything very well.

* * * * *

babs, andi, and i went for a walk yesterday afternoon, at lobau, part of the donauauen nationalpark (danube floodplains n.p.), and i brought back some pictures (click to enlarge):












* * * * *

been listening to the song below a lot this weekend, since i came across it while channel-hopping yesterday afternoon. got the old no doubt album out, which i had not done in years!

Our memories
Well, they can be inviting
But some are altogether
Mighty frightening
As we die, both you and I
With my head in my hands
I sit and cry

Don't speak
I know just what you're saying
So please stop explaining
Don't tell me cause it hurts (no, no, no)
Don't speak
I know what you're thinking
I don't need your reasons
Don't tell me cause it hurts

It's all ending
I gotta stop pretending who we are...
You and me I can see us dying...are we?


song of the day: don't speak by no doubt.

5 comments:

Collin Kelley said...

Sorry to hear the meds are making you feel bad, not to mention that train ride. At least its only six weeks.

I love the pics and the song choice for the day. :)

Matt Merritt said...

Sorry to hear you've been having such a bad time of it recently. I hope things will take a turn for the better soon.
You're still writing some absolutely wonderful poetry.

michi said...

collin,

thanks! and re meds: yeah, that's a bit unpleasant. re train ride: actually, i don't mind all that much, since i have borrowed a laptop and can use the time for work, and writing.

matt,

nice to see you around here! thank you for your kind words. :)

cheers, guys,

m

Anonymous said...

hey, kiddo: glad you're able to use the train time (i'm so jealous as love, love, love trains).

glad also the neck/fever thing is healing. mood will follow, i just know.

same boat with you on poetry: maybe a stray line here or there...
must go check dgp site to see if YOUR CHAPBOOK IS OUT YET!
I CAN'T WAIT!
*salivates*

be sure to take all your *ldzttbg* before bed...

michi said...

ms nicolepoet,

thanks for the words, as usual, you have something lovely to say.

chapbook's due out any day now, i am excited, and cannot cannot cannot wait! and soon, yours! yay!!

and now wipe that saliva off your chin. and cheeks. and chest. and the floor. *g*

speak soon, mx