sarah tagged me with Reveal 8 Things About Yourself
soooo ... here goes:
1) i always have to tell new students to please NOT drink red bull in class, because the smell makes me *really* sick. instantly.
2) i have never bought a glossy magazine like elle or vogue in my entire life. nor have i read one.
3) i liked walking to school and back home alone when i was around 9, because i was making up stories about a pair of sisters and their friends, complete with dialogue and all. a book i never wrote down. (not that the world missed much. *g*)
4) i "ran away" from home once, when i was 19, and disappeared for about 30 hours. i can't say i'm very proud of that.
5) when my mom told me she'd signed me up for ballet at age 7 or so, i threw a really bad tantrum. i remember the kicking and screaming and hysterical crying. and no, i did not suddenly love it on my first day in ballet class.
6) i once spoke to singer feist for a few minutes. she was lovely.
7) during my 1989 summer job at a small hotel in the austrian alps, my boss' father once asked me to go wake up his son, then around 30. i tried to somehow talk him out of it, but not a chance. so i went to knock on the guy's door, and thought i heard a yes, or "come in", or something of the sort. so i opened the door, and found that a) nobody had actually said "come in", and b) the rumours were true: the boss *was* sleeping with the young single italian lady staying at the hotel ...
8) I LOVE hipp’s fruit jars for babies. yummy stuff. *g*
i tag collin, colleen, nicole, john, and kristy.
if they let me. ;)
i received kristy bowen's fever almanac this week, and i am enjoying it.
and today i got my contributor's copy of envoi (the five poems were accepted about half a year ago). yay! it's looking good. arlene has four poems in it, too, so: good company.
song of the day: wish you were here by pink floyd.